Your Rhinelander Family-friendly Activity Guide
Looking for some activities to do with your family during your next visit? Here are some things to do and places to visit in Rhinelander that are suitable for all ages!
Places to visit
- Visit the Rhinelander District Library. The library provides opportunities for children, teens and adults. Be sure to check out their calendar of events, which includes storytime, after-school activities, crafts, educational events and more!
- Explore Pioneer Park Historical Complex, home to the largest, oldest collection of authentic Hodag re-creations in the world. Check out the logging museum, sawmill, old schoolhouse, and other educational exhibits and artifacts here too.
- Check out the latest art exhibit at ArtStart. ArtStart is an arts and cultural center located in downtown Rhinelander, offering various exhibits, classes, and activities year-round.
- If you are interested in learning about the history of Rhinelander, the Historical Society Museum is the place for you! View items of historical significance or schedule a tour to learn about Rhinelander’s history. The museum is open on select days from Memorial Day – Labor Day, and by appointment. Visit their website for more details.
- Make a stop at the Hodag Store for all things hodag! They carry a wide variety of hodag-themed souvenirs, collectibles, apparel, and so much more.
Things to do
- Get outside and check out local parks and trails. Located on Boom Lake, Hodag Park is a great option for family fun and includes a public beach, baseball diamonds, kid’s play area and pavilions.
- Go on a hodag hunt! View our map of all the hodags you can find in town here. If you find them all, be sure to stop by the Chamber of Commerce for a special prize!
- Watch a movie at Rouman Cinema, or play a game of bowling at Nick’s Hodag Lanes.
- Play a round of mini golf at Pirate Falls, a pirate-themed course. Be sure to get some ice cream while you’re there too!
Where to eat
- Stop by The Pizza Haven, offering Italian dishes, pizza, and more in a family-friendly environment.
- If you’re in the mood for burgers, sandwiches, pizza or wings in a unique Northwoods-themed atmosphere, check out Cross Country Bar & Grill, located north of town on Highway 17.
- CT’s Deli is a great option if you’re looking for soups, salads, smoked meat sandwiches, paninis and wraps. If the weather’s nice enjoy your meal on the outdoor patio, where your furry friend is welcome too!
- Finish the day with a sweet treat! Fun Factory Sweet Shoppe offers ice cream, candy, and delicious treats for your sweet tooth.