Perfect fall mountain biking
Some of the best times on the trails are during the transitions between seasons.
Mountain bikers often have the trails to themselves between the summer hiking season and winter snowmobiling. Plus, the trails are simply stunning this time of year. Wildlife is on the move and woodland vistas have appeared that were invisible just a few short weeks ago.
To have a great trail adventure, here are a few tips:
- Dress warmly and in layers with warm gloves. It’s not summer anymore!
- Consider wearing some blaze orange. It’s always a smart precaution this time of year.
- Keep your speed under control on the leaves. They can become a little slippery and hide rocks and roots.
- Bring a good light or headlamp. Night arrives quickly in November!
- Rhinelander is home to some of the best mountain biking in the state. Get out on the trails before the cross-country ski season arrives.