5 Things to Do in Rhinelander with a Little Free Time
On a tight schedule when you’re in town? Here’s a look at a few fun things to see and do in Rhinelander if you only have a few hours of free time.
- See the Hodags. Rhinelander is the home of the Hodag—you’ll find statues, murals, and other depictions of this legendary Northwoods beast throughout Rhinelander (Rhinelander High School even has the Hodag as their mascot). Use our Hodag Finder—or download our printable map—to discover all the places you can see this legendary creature. (And don’t forget to sign up for the free Hodag Fan Club!)
- Take a walk on our trails. Rhinelander has got some scenic, easy-to-explore trails that are perfect for those on a tight timeline. Popular walking trails include the Holmboe Nature Preserve and the trails at Hodag Park. Find more hiking information here.
- Check out Pioneer Park. Pioneer Park Historical Complex, located along the Pelican River south of downtown Rhinelander, is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day and on Saturdays through September. The complex is home to a logging museum, an antique sawmill, a schoolhouse, a Civilian Conservation Corps barracks, a fire museum, and a restored Soo Line train car. Park amenities include baseball diamonds, tennis courts, and an ice skating rink.
- Explore downtown Rhinelander. Downtown Rhinelander is home to tasty restaurants and welcoming shops. Stop in for a quick meal—Mom & Dad can grab a drink at Catalyst Wine or Rhinelander Brewing Company if they’ve got some spare time—or find a great gift to take home from your trip.
- Find fun attractions. While away the hours at Rouman Cinema, ArtStart, Nick’s Hodag Lanes, or one of the Rhinelander Area’s other fun family attractions.