Active Fun, Sporting Venue,
The School District of Rhinelander owns 1,200 acres of managed forest land, the largest school forest in the State of Wisconsin. The forest is managed by the School Forest Advisory Committee (SFAC), which is comprised of educators, community members, and local business representatives. One of the largest tracts of land within the 1,200 acres is the Cedric A. Vig Outdoor Classroom (CAVOC) at 160 acres.
- Open Year-Round
- Name: Michael Cheslock
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 715-365-9745
- Availability: Open year-round
- Capacity: Approximately 100 in the Great Room, but that number increases if the entire lodge is being used. The grounds (160 acres) does not have a maximum.
- Food/Beverage Service: None
- Locker Rooms/Showers: None
- Equipment Rental: None
- Parking: Large lower level parking lot. Participants walk up to lodge.
- Bathroom(s) with accessibility accommodations
- Stairs/ramps with accessibility accommodations
- Details: We have a ramp that leads to the rooms on the upper level. We have a handicap accessible restroom.
- Hosted Event Types:
Cross Country ski meets, 5K running events, snowshoeing, Challenge ROPES Course.
- How Far Ahead to Book: Preferably at least 2 months in advance
- Fee to Book: Typically the charge is $75/day for anyone wanting to use the lodge and grounds
- Best Way to Book: Phone Anita Snyder at 715-365-9714
Join our list
Sign up for our e-newsletter for travel tips, trip ideas & more