A sample trip itinerary for people who love to be lazy when they’re on vacation
- Arrive at the well-known resort and step into your bright, airy cottage. Whatever amenities you are searching for, the Rhinelander area has them available. Find resorts.
- Take a walk down to the lake and skip rocks for an hour as you take in the beauty of the Northwoods that surrounds you.
- Stroll up to the resort bar for a drink overlooking the water and plan out how to spend your evening.
- Ask the staff at the resort for the best fish fry in town and get ready to be wowed. You can’t go wrong when it comes to enjoying a fish fry in Rhinelander. Choose your favorite from our list of dining options.
- With your stomach full, head to see a first-run film at the local multiplex.
- End your evening listening to the calm of the Northwoods forests as you sit out on the porch watching for shooting stars.
- Find the perfect spot to enjoy a hearty breakfast to get ready for a day of relaxing. Get a list of restaurants.
- Hit the links! Enjoy a scenic round of golf at Northwood Golf Course, Pinewood Country Club or the Rhinelander Country Club.
- After a day on the course, visit the friendly animals at the Holiday Stables Petting Zoo.
- Refuel with lunch and then head back out to Holiday Stables for a trail ride through the beautiful forests and enjoy the scenery of the Northwoods.
- Finish off your evening relaxing on the pier, or maybe do a little fishing or swimming.
- Grab dinner at a restaurant featuring great burgers, or enjoy a Rhinelander-brewed beer at Bugsy’s on Brown Street Downtown Rhinelander. Find area restaurants.
- Enjoy the gorgeous sunset over the Wisconsin River as you cruise aboard the Wilderness Queen.
- Relax and finish off the evening with a cold drink as you bowl a few games at Hodag Lanes.
- Indulge in relaxation when you wake up late and grab a light breakfast. See a list of options.
- Stop in town to visit the unique shops for last-minute souvenirs. After you stock up on goodies, make your way home with plenty of Rhinelander memories.