What does a Hodag eat? What gives him indigestion?
Find out by playing Rhinelander’s very own Hungry Hodag App, now available for iOS devices. The app is fun and free. Download it here!
Here are a few secrets that will help you outscore your friends with the Hungry Hodag app and a few things you might not know about the Hodag.
Here are a few game secrets:
- Pay attention to the combinations before each level, learn what to eat and multiply your score.
- Go for the bulldogs. Hodags love bulldogs, and you can get more life by going after these little guys.
- Beware of flying birds; they will drop bombs at an angle. Heads up!
- Share your score! At the end of the game, click the Facebook button and let everyone know how awesome you are!
Here are a few fun facts you might not know about the Hodag:
- He was first spotted near Rhinelander in the 1890s.
- Eugene Shepard, an honest Rhinelander resident who would never tell a tall tale, was the first to discover and capture the Hodag.
- When he was on the presidential campaign trail, then-Sen. John F. Kennedy was given a Hodag replica. He called it a, “very provocative conversation piece.”
- Scooby-Doo once had a close encounter with the Hodag in an episode of “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.” Shepard was also featured on the show.
Learn more about the Hodag here.