Hodag for President 2016!
The Northwoods most famous creature has thrown his hat–or his horns, more accurately–into the ring for the White House.
Rhinelander’s famous Hodag–a playful creature that makes his home in the woods surrounding Rhinelander in northern Wisconsin–has launched his official presidential bid, complete with a new website and campaign merchandise available at a number of businesses in downtown Rhinelander.
Supporters interested in learning more about the Hodag can visit www.hodagforpresident.com to find out about the Hodag’s platform, which includes bringing more visitors to downtown Rhinelander (especially during the current streetscape project), ending boredom by getting people to play the Hungry Hodag app (available for free for Apple and Android devices) and encouraging visitors to plan their next vacation to Rhinelander.
But what’s a political campaign without some free swag? Hodag supporters can pick up Hodag for President yard signs, buttons and bumper stickers for free for at campaign offices throughout downtown Rhinelander:
- Best Embroideries, 22 W. Davenport St. (T-shirts also available for purchase)
- Danner’s Shoes, 32 W. Davenport St.
- Diane’s Frame Shoppe, 6 N. Brown St.
- Rhinelander Furniture & Mattress Outlet, 25 N. Brown St.
- Lund & Taylor Bridal Gallerie, 15 S. Brown St.
- Forest TV and Appliance, 43 S. Brown St.
- Mels Trading Post, 105 S. Brown St.
- Northern Coffee Haus, 35 S. Brown St.
- CT’s Deli, 17 N. Brown St.
- Rhinelander Cafe & Pub, 33 N. Brown St.