A sample itinerary for the traveler who appreciates the finer things
- The views in Rhinelander are picturesque . Settle into your vacation home overlooking a great view of an area lake and enjoy the tranquility. See a list of vacation homes.
- Walk down to the shore and watch kayakers gliding on the glass-like surface of the calm lake.
- Relax on the porch while planning tomorrow’s activities
- Head to the Wisconsin River and hop aboard the Wilderness Queen for a dinner cruise down the river. The food is great and the views of the sunset can’t be beat from the water.
- On your way back to the cabin, stop by a local café for dessert, wine and craft-brewed beer. See a list of options.
- Head into town and pick up the locally grown ingredients you need at the Hodag Farmer’s Market in Pioneer Park to make a hearty breakfast back at the cottage.
- Visit the campus of Nicolet Technical College, set along the shores of Lake Julia. Explore the campus, trails and lakeshore before heading into the Nicolet College Art Gallery to check out the current exhibit.
- Head to the downtown area to shop for original works and handmade crafts you can find only in Rhinelander.
- Go on a walking tour through the historic Oneida County Courthouse and neighborhood surrounding it.
- Make the short drive to the Three Lakes Winery where you can tour the winery, enjoy and sample their locally made wines and pick up some to take home for friends at the retail store.
- Wake up early to catch a glimpse of a heron fishing on the river’s edge.
- Head to the Long Lake or Old Farm Trails located near the shores of Lake Thompson to enjoy a morning of bird watching. Maybe you’ll spot a pileated woodpecker to top off your trip.
- Pack up all your treasures from your trip and head home to share your Rhinelander experience with family and friends.