Best ways to see Rhinelander’s fall colors
Looking for fall color? Here are the best ways to see autumn scenery during Rhinelanders peak season.
- Hiking the Holmboe Nature Preserve. This 1-mile trail is one of the Northwoods best, offering wonderful views of fall color among the old-growth forestry.
- Biking the Mud Lake Trail. Ride through eight miles of tall forests saturated with gorgeous fall leaves.
- Aboard the Wilderness Queen. Witness dazzling reflections of fall color onto the Wisconsin River by taking a Wisconsin River Cruise. Cruises running through mid-October.
- Hiking the Almon Park Trail. Stroll this 2.25-mile trail, situated near Buck Lake and surrounded by a mix of old-age hardwoods.
- Biking the Washburn Lake Trail. Mountain bike through 15 miles of lush forests, the perfect surroundings to appreciate fall scenery.